Surf anonymously with the Web Proxy
A proxy is a server. It is used as an interface between a program and the Internet. You surf the net with the proxy’s IP address – not your own!
The proxy simultaneously assumes the role of the web server and the web client. All transmitted data carries the IP of the proxy. Access to other servers is controlled and restricted. By accessing the user interface of the web proxy, you surf as anonymously as possible. So you don’t use the public Internet for this.
How does a web proxy work?
As a so-called caching proxy, the web proxy caches the requests. Accordingly, a Web Proxy works as a Web Cache Server (WCS)
Suppose you want to visit a page on the Internet. Since there was already a request for the document from another client before, the document is already pre-stored in the cache. The proxy sends you a copy of the document from the cache. As a user, you do not have to go to the public Internet to retrieve this document.
This has the advantage that no new connection to the server has to be established. Internet traffic is reduced outside the network. Response times for the client are shortened.
A request that is not cached is re-requested by the web proxy. Your IP will remain hidden. The website reads only the IP address of the server.
Surf safely now
Our DN8 PrivacyCube
Advantages of a web proxy
The strengths of the Web Proxy lie in its speed. At the same time, blocked websites can be accessed. Let’s move on to the benefits:
- Access to geographically blocked or restricted content specific streaming portals can be opened. At the same time, restrictions at work, university or school can be lifted.
- Fast data retrieval. A proxy server can cache the data. This leaves more bandwidth for other Internet services.
- Proxies do not require any configuration. One calls the website of the web proxy and surfs the Internet anonymously.
- Hide the IP. A web proxy is suitable for selective searches, as you can surf anonymously as far as possible .
Disadvantages of a web proxy
On the web, your privacy is never 100% secure. A web proxy only partially protects your activities. Free proxies do not work encrypted, which is why data protection is critical.
- Lack of encryption. It is possible to view the transferred data in various ways.
- Delays. Depending on the web proxy and the activity, there may be significant delays.
- The web page of the tool must be called. One wrong click and you are surfing in a new tab without a web proxy.
- Hacker attacks: Unfortunately, proxy servers are vulnerable to hacker attacks.
- Outdated data from the cache. The data from the cache is partially outdated. A look at the date information in the HTTP header is therefore important.
Anonymous surfing on the web: Does a web proxy offer sufficient protection?
The use of a free web proxy of a proxy list is strongly discouraged! The majority of servers force websites to switch from secure HTTPS (with encryption) to HTTP. HTTP is no longer considered secure. Hackers can certainly read passwords.
At the same time, the proxy server modifies the HTML code or Java Script elements. Malware and advertising can thus be distributed without protection. An additional proxy firewall helps to filter and block the requests from the Internet.
How can I hide my IP address?
The desire for privacy online is growing in society. IP address obfuscation is a simple and popular method. By disguising the IP address, the origin of the data communication cannot be traced.
Proxy vs. VPN: What is the best way to disguise the IP address?
A proxy is a common way to hide the IP. The risk of being “exposed” is significantly higher than with a paid VPN. A proxy does not encrypt the tapped data compared to the VPN.
A VPN encrypts where you are coming from and what your destination is. The activities are not recorded. With the proxy, the IP is not cleanly hidden. Conclusion: A free proxy service is good. A VPN is even better!